Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Pained by Vera Hollins




Title: Pained
Series: Bullied #2
Author: Vera Hollins
Genre: Dark High School Romance
Release Date: March 31, 2020



Blurb

Two months have passed since the day I pushed Hayden away. Two months since I found out he loved me and wanted to be with me. I’ve been trying to move on and forget about him, but my heart refuses to listen.

Hayden had almost died saving me. Half of me wants to forgive him for everything and give him another chance. The other half prevents me from doing so, distrusting him and ignoring my heart's desires. Hayden is dark and complicated, and as the days pass, he gets further away from me, ignoring me whenever our paths cross.

I have less than a year before I go to college, and I won't see him ever again. I have to believe I will get over him and move on with my life. I have to believe in my future without him. 

Unless he didn't really move on, and our masks are about to fall.







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





Excerpt

"He smirked, his eyes heating. “Our rooms are very similar.”
That was true. Not only our walls were covered with the layers of our souls, but my room was also messy, so many papers, sticky notes, and art supplies lying all around. I wouldn’t change a single thing about it.
“You’re right.”
“That was why I felt...” He stopped mid-sentence, taking another drag of his cigarette.
My body leaned closer to him on its own. The mood between us shifted once more. “What?”
He locked his jaw and looked away. “It doesn’t matter.”
“It matters to me,” I whispered. Without conscious thought, I moved and covered his hand that rested on the mattress.
He flinched and looked at my hand, frowning. I feared he would pull his hand away, but he didn’t. “Why?”
My pulse beat madly in my throat. “Because... Because you matter to me.” I tightened my grip around his hand, feeling exposed. My eyes went to his scar, and I wished I could touch it, definitely not for the first time. “I want to know everything about you.”
His breathing sped up. “Everything?”
“Everything.”
He sucked in a quick breath, taking in every line of my face with undiluted hunger. He balanced his cigarette on the edge of the ashtray and met my gaze.
“I felt at peace there,” he said hoarsely. “I felt like...”
I leaned even closer to him. “Yes?”
He swallowed. “Like I belonged there.”






Also Available


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Author Bio

Vera Hollins is the author of the Bullied series, which has amassed over 30 million reads online since 2016. She loves writing emotional, dark, and angsty love stories that deal with heartbreak, mental and social issues, and finding light in darkness.

She's been writing since she was nine, and before she knew it, it became her passion and life. She particularly likes coffee, bunnies, angsty romance, and anti-heroes. When she's not writing, you can find her reading, plotting her next book with as many twists as possible, and watching YouTube.


Author Links



No comments:

Post a Comment