Thursday, March 26, 2020

My review of Killer by Hayley Faiman


Louis Kingston is a professional boxer but when one of his punches kills one of his opponents, he begins to question everything and needs to get as far away from Las Vegas as possible and knows it’s time for him to be with his family and close friends.

Tulip Fischer has been dating Joey Perry on and off for years but lately she is done with their relationship after catching him cheating on her. She works two jobs to try and pay all of the bills and struggles with her self-esteem issues.

Tulip and Louis had a brief past together when Tulip was on a previous break from Joey and now Louis wants to resume their relationship but Tulip doesn’t feel like she is good enough for Louis.
Will the pressure of Louis’s upcoming fight drive a wedge between the two or will they both realize that what they have is worth the fight?

This was such a great book with some awesome twists and other great moments to keep you hooked!
First off I love the book’s name and how you may initially think it’s going to lead one way until you realize that is in fact something totally different to the main character himself. This was something that Louis really struggled with through the book and I really liked seeing how everything was progressing and how he had to heal himself.

I loved Louis right from the beginning and he was not like how you maybe thought he’d be and I loved how much of a gentleman he was and how important is friends and “family” were to him in Gallup. I loved how protective he was over Tulip as soon as they started seeing each other again and no matter what he wanted, he never pressured her at all.

I admired Tulip for working hard to provide for herself and finally realizing that she couldn’t out up with Joey’s antics anymore. After reading further I understood why she felt like she needed to give it a good shot but I was proud that she put herself first.

There was so much chemistry between Tulip and Louis and I was proud of both of them for really doing their best in their relationship. I must admit that I was a little mad at Tulip for not letting Louis know about the notes but I had an idea about who was behind everything.

So holy twist bomb!!! I was not expecting who was behind the twist and what happened and everything in the cabin. Shocked the heck out of me but then there were more twists and I was seriously totally blown away by everything that kept coming and the author does such an amazing job of making everything go so well and making my jaw continually hit the ground!!

The big fight was everything but then the stuff that happened after was just OMG!!

I loved the epilogue and I truly loved these and hope we get to see them again soon!


5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment