Tuesday, February 6, 2018

My review of Through The Woods by Shannon Myers

Neve White has a bright future ahead of her but when she meets Clint her world turns upside down when he gets her hooked on cocaine as a way of coping with her school schedule. But at 22 she is completely addicted and Clint attempts to kill her but luckily she escapes.

Neve is rescued by 7 bikers and their leader, Charm, is not happy she is there. Gradually Neve finds her place among the men and finds a journal written by Charm explaining the past of the men and Neve puts together the pieces of their lives.

As Neve begins to find peace and her place among the bikers and with Charm, everything changes in an instant. Will they get to Neve in time and will Charm believe her?

Wow - this book was such an amazing ride from start to finish.

My heart went out to Neve as at 18 she had such promise but with one bad decision her whole life changed. I hated what Clint did to her and how everything changed from that and how he got her into so much trouble from there.

I wasn't too sure about Charm at the beginning but as I got to know more about his story I understood why he was so concerned about not getting attached to Neve with her history of drugs. Yet she began to break down his walls and soon it was obvious how protective he was over her. I liked hearing about Neve's past and the fact she had her demons and I was definitely sad about the fire and what it took from her.

I knew there was a big twist and I was definitely not disappointed by it! I felt so bad for Neve when everything was revealed about how everyone was involved and what had been done to what she ingested. I was scared for who didn't make it and I crossed my fingers that the one was able to make it. I'm glad that everyone got there in time!

The end was great and I can't wait to read more in this series!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment