Monday, February 19, 2018

My review of Captive Lies by Victoria Paige

Grant Thorne is the CEO of Thorne Industries and the son of a Senator. He is used to being able to get what he wants and he sets his eyes on the beautiful woman who rescued him in a blizzard and saved his life.

Blaire Callahan is an artist who loves her privacy and is on the run from her past. She has no desire to be anywhere near the public spotlight but being with Grant may disrupt her life more than she knows.

When Blaire disappears Grant will not give up looking for her but soon it is clear that he is not the only one after Blaire and how much will the connection between them endanger those around both of them? Will Blaire sacrifice herself to keep those she loves safe?

This was a great book that had me gripped from the moment it started to the moment it ended. There were many twists and turns that had me wondering whose side everyone was on.

I thought Grant was a great character who was determined to make Blake his yet he really had no clue on what her past was and why people were after her. He vowed to keep her safe but his opponents were so powerful and they would stop at nothing to get her.

I loved Blake and I loved that she was such a strong woman who was used to having to protect herself. I loved the relationship she had with Liam Watts and how he became a father figure to her and knew how to keep her safe and under the radar. Blake was so torn with her relationship with Grant as she knew she cared about him but really did not want him or his family to be a casualty in her issues with the Russians she was hiding from.

The passion between Blake and Grant was awesome and they truly cared so much about each other but wanted the other safe which did create a little friction between them.

I really loved how everything came together and overlapped that made you question certain things. I was so surprised at the end and it made me so happy to see how everything played out as I was shocked.

This was such a great book and this was the first book I have read from this author and I look forward to more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment