Thursday, February 15, 2018

My review of Saving Grace (Enchanted Keepsakes, #1) by Aubrey Wynne

Chloe Hicks has had her life take an unexpected turn when her barn catches on fire and she does what she can to rescue the horses she has. Her ex-husband,, Mike Hatchette believes now is the perfect time to get back together as he believes that he can do a better job at keeping her safe.

When the fire chief believes the barn was a result of arson, Chloe takes a needed vacation to get away from all the speculation and gossiping in town.

Chloe heads to Muddy Creek where her trainer, Paul Toby, owns property and Chloe soon learns that she is not the only one to go through difficulties, yet she never imagined how she would discover this.

I really enjoyed this book and the "supernatural" elements in it.

Chloe was a great character who worked hard at getting her life together after her divorce from Mike and his controlling ways. I was sad to see what she coud possibly lose through the fire but I liked that she had Paul and her mom, Dottie on her side. Her mom was so funny and I loved how much she hated Mike.

I really loved the story of Grace Sherwood and I have always been intrigued by the "witch hunts" and how fabricated people's beliefs were at the time. She was obviously a very hard working woman who just happened to have some bad luck and get on the wrong side of a few key people in town.

I liked Jackson, the cousin of Chloe's best friend, Jesse and how he tied into the story. I was glad what he was able to learn about the property and how things got put together.

I had known who was responsible right from the beginning but I still needed to be proved right and see how everything would play out.

This was such a good story and I look forward to more in the series!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment