Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My review of Forever and One Day by Jacqueline Simon Gunn

Olivia Watson is a professor of psychology and has just received an invitation to her 20 year reunion. Olivia is hesitant to go since she has left that life behind her when she caught her then fiance, Justin in bed with her then best friend Petal. She left and has not been back and has tried to move on with her own life.

Olivia meets author Adam Summers at a book signing and the two quickly hit it off. When Adam accompanies Olivia to her reunion he learns more about what she ran from and how it has been avoided up until now.

Justin Steeler made a huge mistake all those years ago and tried to get Olivia to talk to him with no luck. He gradually gave up and married Petal Taylor, but that hasn't gone the way he expected either.

Will the reunion and aftermath give everyone a chance to fix the mistakes of the past or are they all headed down a road of more heartbreak as they all try to figure out their lives and find their happy ever after?

I enjoyed this book and learning about the mistakes of the past and how they have turned into the problems of today with nothing ever being resolved.

I liked Olivia and definitely could relate to moving on from the past without any resolutions. I have been there myself with one relationship and never got any closure which probably affected my future relationships. It was super interesting to watch Olivia and Adam's relationship develop and how Abbee, Olivia's sister, saw things that linked Adam and Justin that Olivia never saw.

I also really liked the wisdom that Olivia's mom provided to her. I think life is super short and we need to follow our heart but I didn't necessarily agree with how Olivia went about everything.

So I was definitely mad at Justin for marrying Petal after everything that happened but I do understand why he eventually did. I really did not like Petal from start to finish and I was shocked after how upset she was with CJ and Becka that she could turn around and do the same thing to Olivia. I had a feeling that Petal would do what she did for the attention and to make Justin change his mind.

It was interesting to see how Olivia finally put everything into order with her heart and how certain things made her change her mind about what she really wanted in life. I thought the way the book ended was good.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment