Thursday, February 8, 2018

My review of Irish Kiss by Sienna Blake

Saoirse Quinn has not had an easy go growing up at all with a drunk mother. At 12 she is left in a bad position by a "friend" and she is arrested and left in the hands of the Juvenile Liaison Police Officer, Diarmuid Brennan.

Diarmuid loves being a police officer after growing up in foster care and he understands what Saoirse is going through. But there is something different about Saoirse and he takes a special interest in her, much to the dismay of his girlfriend, Ava.

Then all of a sudden Diarmuid is gone but he and Saoirse are brought back together when she is 17 and is arrested for driving without a license and possession of pot. How will Diarmuid deal with being around Saoirse again, especially since her father, Niall Lynch, is a man that the police are after?

This was such a great book that had me gripped from the moment it started to the moment it ended.

My heart just went out to Saoirse and what she went through growing up with her mother treating her so badly and basically she had to raise herself. I was so devastated at what her mom did with her birthday gift from Diarmuid and then for him to disappear was so sad as he was so important and stable in her life. I wasn't surprised that her dad wanted her in his life and why he did and I must say I was disappointed. Yet Saoirse did not want to disappoint her father yet at the same time she also did not want to disappoint Diarmuid.

Diarmuid was interesting as he knew how important Saoirse was to him but he also knew he couldn't have her for himself. He was so torn between his feelings and his responsibilities and then there was his relationship with Ava. Ava was so jealous right from the beginning and I was right about what happened between them. Although I must admit I was to a certain degree shocked about what she did at the end as I didn't think she would go as far as she did.

I loved all of the "drama" in the book that revolved around Saoirse with her almost double life and how she was so stuck in her life between the two men - her dad and Diarmuid. I loved how everything turned out after the ups and downs!

This was such a great book and I look forward to more from this author!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment