Friday, February 23, 2018

My review of Thief by A. Zavarelli

Tanaka Valentini is a ballerina who injures her ankle while dancing and will now require surgery to fix the damage. All of her dreams and aspirations are cushed in a minute and now she discovers that she has been used as a pawn in her father's games and although she is set to marry Dante, she is taken captive by Nikolai Kozlov.

Nikolai Kozlov is part of the Russian Mafia and he has a score to settle with Tanaka's father, Manuel. He plans on keeping Tanaka as his prisoner and to get revenge on Manuel for what he may have done to Nikolai's mother.

But Nikolai didn't plan on falling for Tanaka or having his boss, Viktor, wanting Nikolai to marry his own daughter Ana. Can Nikolai deal with everything he is up against before someone gets hurt or killed?

This was a great book of going back and forth to whether or not I liked Nikolai. I really liked Tanaka  and felt so bad for how she had been used and played by everyone in her life. All she wanted was to dance and I hated how that had been taken from her.

I loved some of the secrets that were revealed about each of the characters and how everything tied together. There was so much passion between Tanaka and Nikolai yet everything was working against them and I knew what I wanted but wasn't sure how everything was going to go.

There was so much deceit and secrets in this book that I have to go back and read the other books again!

I can't wait for more!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment