Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My review of The Ocean Between Us by Michelle Heard

Emma Bowen has had enough of the abuse that she suffers at the hands of her alcoholic mother and when she has the chance she leaves South Africa and heads to North Carolina to attend school secretly. Not long after she arrives she meets Katia and Colton in a bar and is happy that she was happy to meet friends so easily.

Aiden Holden is undercover but meets Emma the same night in the bar and the two soon develop a very close friendship.

As Aiden tries to protect Emma from what he is involved in, he also tries to get her to open up about what she is running from.

When Aiden and Emma's lives intersect and Emma is caught between will she escape or be forced to leave and head back to the pain that she so desperately wanted to escape from?

This was such a good book and I could not put it down!

My heart broke for what Emma had to endure with her mom while her father did nothing. It just broke my heart and I was so ahppy when she was able to get to North Carolina. I loved the surprise that involved Emma and Aiden at the beginning!

I thought Aiden was awesome but I knew he struggled with how he was going to keep Emma safe while not revealing too much about what was going on. He was awesome and i loved how he supported Emma when it came to her mom and trying to change her self confidence.

I was horrified with what happened to Emma after the fight. I was so mad and I wanted the two to pay. I was extremely worried about Emma and how she would deal with the pain, emotional and physical.

I was super sad with what happened to Chloe but I was freaking about Emma needing to be there for her and what would happen. I loved how Aiden reacted and what he did for her.

The end was awesome and I can't wait for more in this series!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment