Monday, September 24, 2018

My review of Got It Bad by Christi Barth

Kieran Mullaney is attending Northwestern University Law School when his life is changed in an instant when he learns that due to his brothers involvement with the mob he is being forced into the Witness Protection Program. Now Kieran must become Kellan Maguire and begin his life again.

Delaney Evans is a US Marshall and is in charge of keeping Frank and Ryan Mullaney safe from Chicago mob boss Danny McGirity. What she doesn't expect is to fall for Kellan, the younger innocent brother who got caught in the middle.

As Kellan and Delaney both realize they have feelings for each other what will they be willing to risk for the other? Will Delaney give up her career and will she be able to focus on keeping the other brothers safe if she has feelings for Kellan?

This is the first book I have read in the series so I think parts of the book seemed to skip over things with the presumption that I have read the other books.

I liked Kellan and I felt bad about how is life was turned upside down with the revelation that his brothers were involved in the mob. He was really struggling with what he wanted to do with his life and he knew he didn't want to work in a cranberry plant forever.

Delaney was dedicated to her job but she also knew she was developing feelings for Kellan but was torn between dating him and the consequences of her job. You knew that something would happen to put everything to the test. Delaney had her own issues from her past and it was brought up but then it didn't seem to get touched on again which I found odd.

I did really like Kellan and Delaney together and I loved the scene from the car!

I liked the career change that Kellan chose and how he really wanted to do something useful and meaningful.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the past coming for a visit but I found even though it was briefly tense everything seemed to get dissipated quickly but unfortunately not everyone escaped unhurt.

I also found it odd that there was not much on the trial after the whole book leading up to it. Maybe it was in a different one of the books but I found it was mentioned and then everyone lives happily ever after.

A good story but had some holes in it.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment