Saturday, September 15, 2018

My review of Love Like Ours by Melissa Foster

Talia Dalton is a professor and likes her life in as much order as possible and avoids any chance of heartache after having her heart broken in the past. Yet when she almost runs over a man something changes within her the moment she meets him.

Derek Grant is not your average guy. He has put his own dreams aside to take care of his father who has Alzheimer's and he is a bartender/dancer in the evenings to support them while trying to take classes during the day. He has never let a woman distract him before but when he meets Talia he knows he wants her.

With Talia and Derek's different lives/careers is there a chance they can make it? With the pressure that Derek has taking care of his dad will it be too much to handle a relationship with Talia as well?

This was such an awesome book and I loved the focus on Alzheimer's as both of my grandma's had it as have several other family members.

I thought Talia was an awesome character and I understood why she guarded her heart. Her family was awesome through the whole book and I loved that they were each so unique. I hated that Talia thought less of herself compared to her sisters.

Derek was definitely the kind of guy that women dream about! I loved how dedicated he was to his father and truly what he gave up for him. His job gave him the money to pay his bills and I understood why he was continuing to do it but at the same time I did understand where Talia didn't necessarily like it.

I loved how much fun Talia and Derek had together and how he really brought out a different side of her that challenged her to do new things and have fun doing them. It was such an ideal pairing and it made my heart burst.

The apprehension that both felt at different times of the book was so realistic and happens to so many of us.

I absolutely loved Talia's family and the support they gave Talia and also gave Derek the moment he came over. There was so much love!!

Loved the end!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment