Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My review of Dating the Enemy by Nicole WIlliams

Hannah Arden is a journalist and the writer of Ms. Romance. She believes in love and that there is one person out there for everyone.

Brooks North is Mr. Reality and he believes that true love doesn't exist and that love can be manipulated and that is not a real thing.

Mr. Conrad, Hannah's boss, has a promotion available but he wants Brooks and Hannah to date for three months in front of the cameras as a social experiment to see if love does exist and if it can be manipulated for the situation.

Will love or reality come out on the top or will both lose and discover something new in the process?

This was a great book and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

I really liked Hannah and why she held onto the notion that love is real and that there is someone out there for everyone. I loved her friendships with her girls, especially her best friend Quinn. She was sweet and really was not wasting her time on just any guy as she was looking for the perfect one for herself.

Brooks was so much more cynical when it came to love but it made total sense with how he grew up and what he saw happen. I do understand his views and I think it makes sense although I do believe love does exist.

The dates that Brooks and Hannah went on were great and I did really like to watch their personalities clash and how they both believed they were right when it came to love. The two had so much chemistry but I hated how each felt like they had something to lose and therefore had their guard up when they were being analyzed.

There were a few twists in the relationship that I was not expecting and I was definitely shocked by a few things that were revealed!

Towards the end the book gets intense with the relationship and I was shocked at what Brooks said for Hannah to leave.

Loved the very end and it was a great journey!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment