Monday, September 24, 2018

My review of Extra Innings by Lynn Stevens

All Victoria Hudson wants to do is play baseball but girls are told they need to play softball. When Vic's grandma moves to a new town Vic puts her registration into the local baseball team and hopes she has a chance on the team. But Victoria needs to keep everything on the down low so that her father, US Senator and Presidential hopeful Warren Hudson never finds out.

As Vic fights for a spot on the team she must also deal with her boyfriend Theo who is away in Europe and her developing feelings towards her teammate, Daniel Cho.

Will Vic earn her place on the team and will she be treated well by her teammates. Will her dad discover what she is doing and force her to quit?

I enjoyed this book and always enjoy a good sports romance.

I liked Vic and loved that she wanted to play baseball as it is a different sport than baseball. She was determined to do her best and she earned a spot based on her talent. I felt bad about how she was living a specific life that her parents wanted for her and I hated that she had to sneak in something just for herself.

Vic's boyfriend Theo was a jerk and I kind of wondered what was going on while he was in Europe and I was right.

Daniel was a great guy but he was from a completely different world than Vic and I wondered if that would come into play. It was interesting to learn about his ex Shelby and how she seemed to still have so much control over him for some strange reason.

I loved the baseball team and how they all became great supporters of Vic and were all there for her when she needed them.

I hated how in certain instances that Vic was targeted on the field and what happened at the end of the book was awful.

Vic's relationship with her parents was definitely complicated and I was so mad when so much of Vic's life was overshadowed by her dad and his political aspirations. The end was a huge eye opener though and I was not expecting everything that was revealed in regards to her parents.

The very end of the book was sad with the playoff game and what happened to Vic but I was super happy she got to experience what she did!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment