Saturday, November 18, 2017

My review of The House That Adelia Built by Mya O'Malley

In 1876 Adelia MacGregor was living beside a lighthouse with her husband, Augustus, who was no longer the man she married. Once full of life he had become jealous and reclusive and he frightened Adelia.

In 2017 Hope and her best friend Tracy were now living in the house beside the lighthouse on Amity Island and they were trying to discover the past of the area. There was something about the lighthouse that intrigued Hope and she had a hard time leaving it.

As Hope learns about the past she meets Cloony, a local bartender whom she is drawn too. As Hope, Cloony and Tracy learn about the history of the lighthouse they discover that the past is linked to the present in a way they could have never imagined.

This was a super interesting book about linking the past and the future and seeing similarities emerge between the different characters.

I thought Adelia was a great character and I can't imagine how difficult things were for her at the time with it being so long ago and being away from everyone except Augustus and then Devon Bane. She was strong in trying to keep everything together and I really admired her character.

I thought Hope was super interesting too and I really liked her friendship with Tracy. I was so glad that she took a chance with Cloony and I liked how willing he was to help her with everything she was trying to learn.

I must admit that the end was not what I was looking or hoping for but the book was a good read and I look forward to more from the author!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment