Monday, November 27, 2017

My review of Hard Cut by Dani Wyatt

Flint Rendell works at Rickson's and likes the quiet life he is living in Emmetsville after winning a land lottery. When he saves a beautiful girl from falling off a ladder he knows he has met the one he wants to be with but fate has different plans.

Wren Reynolds has come to Emmetsville to escape her past and start over after losing her parents and wanting to make it on her own. She has opened up a hair salon and believes things are improving when she is mugged one night and saved again by Flint.

When events happen that takes Flint away from Emmetsville when he returns will he be able to find Wren again? Will the events that caused the separation cause issues for the present and will Wren's sister, Sabrina force Wren to come back when her financial problems are revealed?

This was a great book with a few twists and turns that you don't expect!

I loved Flint and all of his alpha lumber hunkness that seemed to come from him. I loved how he felt a protective nature towards Wren from the moment he first saw her. I was shocked at the twist with her mugging and knew that he would have a target on him after that. I could understand why he took those extra steps to keep an eye on her and I had a feeling they would cause some trouble for him with the foreshadowing the author did.

Wren had my heart in a different way as I admired that she was truly trying to start again on her own without any influence or judgement from others. I was curious about the mugging incident and why she did what she did but I understood a little but she really caused some problems for Flint. I wish she was also honest with him about how things were going for him as it was obvious how much he cared about her.

I was so glad that Sabrina and Wren were able to work through everything in the end and figure everything out! That made me super happy!

I was also extremely pleased that a certain individual got what they deserved in the end as well!

I loved the epilogues and I laughed when then end came with how many children they had! It was great and I was not surprised at all with Flint being such an alpha male!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment