Saturday, May 14, 2016

My review of So Far Away by Dakota Madison

Maddie Malone is in the middle of a huge papparrazi firestorm since being named as the nanny who broke up Hollywood's favorite couple Daniel Robinson and Annabelle Miller. Thrust into a spotlight she doesn't want she can't get a job anywhere once people figure out who she is but a friend gets her hired on as the personal assistant to reclusive writer Jackson Drake.

Jackson Drake doesn't have many rules at all but the number one rule is no hanky panky. Maddie is positive that won't be a problem until she meets Emerson Drake, Jackson's son who she had no idea even existed. When the attraction between Emerson and Maddie grows will she put her job first or throw it all away for a chance at love?

I enjoyed this book but I found that so much happened in a short amount of time that it was almost too fast for me. I felt bad for Maddie and everything that she went through with being innocent in how the press portrayed her. I'd almost think that people would have jumped at the chance to hire someone with a "dirty" past.

It was weird in a way that Emerson had no issues with Maddie at risk for losing her job when he was only at his dad's for a short amount of time. The ending was too funny with how everything turned out and it definitely did make me laugh.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment