Friday, May 20, 2016

My review of The Dream Walker by Michelle Lee Murray

When Mortimer picks up a stone he has no idea the power he has unleashed from a time in Mystica when wizards kept the balance of power over the land and there was an equal divide between good and evil.

Miranda is in class when she feels as though she is being called as someone needs help. Miranda then begins a journey in another time and place and must decide who is there to help her with her journey and who is there to stop her so she can help the King of Mystica.

I honestly had some trouble getting into the book and had to remind myself that it is a YA book. That being said I usually love YA. I found that I never got attached to any of the characters in the book and everything happened so fast that I felt like I was being forced along.

I liked the character of Miranda but felt like I didn't get to know her enough outside of the quest and therefore felt like she was just forced into the quest. I would have liked to know a bit more about her outside of what she was doing to save the King of Mystica.

The other characters were talked about but aside from Walking Bear I felt detached from most as it was a quick introduction and then they were gone. I would have definitely liked a bit more character development!

Hopefully the next books fill in more of the gaps!

3 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing my book. I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete