Sunday, May 1, 2016

Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Whiskey Frosting

So, as mentioned before I may love cooking with alcohol and one of my absolute favorite things to make is alcoholic cupcakes! I love the different frosting with alcohol and love to try new ones all the time.

My son's lacrosse team was having a team meet-and-greet appetizer potluck so I volunteered to bring cupcakes. For the kids I made straight out of the box cupcakes with store bought icing as my weird kids do not really like buttercream so I save myself the effort. Although I did color the icing blue and red for the colors of his lacrosse uniform.

I am not really good at making decisions so I emailed the coaches wife a bunch of suggestions for the cupcakes and she replied back Chocolate Beer. Although I have made Chocolate Beer cupcakes before I decided to do a pinterest search and happened to find these ones and they are absolutely amazing!! They were so moist and delicious that I will definitely be making them again!

I did not do the Irish Cream topping as I was running out of time but I think it would be so good with it. I made both large cupcakes and mini cupcakes and I must say that although the mini ones take a bit more time I would definitely make them again for a potluck.

My house was so warm after making three batches of cupcakes in warm weather that the icing was almost melting instantly!

These are awesome and I definitely recommend giving them a try!

http://www.creative-culinary.com/guinness-chocolate-cupcakes-with-irish-whiskey-frosting/




No comments:

Post a Comment