Thursday, May 5, 2016

My review of Dark Before Dawn by Stacy Juba

All her life Dawn Christian has felt like an outcast and when her and her mom move from Boston to Covington, Maine she hopes for a new beginning. Dawn has premonitions and when she begins to have them about kids in her new town she is tormented immediately but finds solace with other outcasts at school, Candace and Jamie, who introduce her to Serina, the local psychic in town.

Yet Dawn soon realizes that not is all what she thinks it is and maybe her new friends aren't friends at all. Will Dawn be able to figure out the right path or will she sit back and let others take control?

I enjoyed this book and liked Dawn. I really wasn't to impressed with her mom and the lack of support she gave Dawn with her abilities. Dawn was trying to do the right thing and her mom just wanted her to ignore them.

I found that with the exception of Dawn and her step-brother Ken, I didn't get attached to any of the characters. I liked Vicky but I felt that I liked her and then thought she was snobby but then liked her again. I didn't really like Candace and felt that maybe she was more in control than what we think.

Still a good book and I will read the author again.

3.5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review! It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete