Wednesday, January 31, 2018

My review of Undefeated by Stuart Reardon and Jane Harvey-Berrick

Nick Renshaw is finally achieving his dreams of moving up in the rugby world until an injury to his Achilles threatens to destroy everything he has worked hard to obtain. Now he struggles to hold onto his relationship with his fiance Molly and his rehabilitation after his surgery that threatens all of his dreams.

Dr.Anna Scott has moved to England for a fresh start after a scandal almost costs her her PhD to become a sports psychologist. Now she has rules firmly in place not to get involved in any relationship that will cost her what she has finally achieved. Now she is working with injured players Nick Renshaw and Dave Parks on their rehabilitation programs.

When an event takes place that thrusts Nick into negative spotlight will Anna help Nick's case? When things turn between Nick and Anna will it cost them each everything they have worked so hard to obtain?

Wow - this book was so much more than I was honestly expecting. I had read books by Jane Harvey-Berrick before and loved them so I knew that this one was going to be good but I was surprised at how good this one really was! I was gripped from beginning to end and there were so many twists and turns that I really didn't see coming although I never counted them out.

Nick had finally began to achieve some of his rugby dreams when his Achilles threatened to destroy everything. I was surprised at his relationship with Molly in that they appeared so different from each other but it was clear that he was going to try and make it work with her. I felt bad with his rehabilitation process and everything that came from there.

I really liked Anna and felt bad with what she had gone through in her past. She had gotten herself into a bad situation with Jonathan and she was in over her head with what had happened. Anna was desperate for a new start and I liked that she had her priorities straight.

I was kind of expecting what Nick walked into but not with who. I wasn't surprised at all that he went crazy and what happened because of it. I hated that the other two totally got away with what they had done and how the one leaked their story first so that Nick was so black balled. So frustrating!

Then with the events that happened next with Anna just completely broke my heart!! I was so upset at what Molly caused and everything that spiraled out of control. It is so unfair at what can happen and how people are presumed guilty and the fact there is no repercussions for someone like Molly where as Anna lost everything!

The ending was great and I really hope that these two collaborate again!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment