Tuesday, January 9, 2018

My review of Can You See Me by Regina Bartley

Jude's life has just gone up in flames, literally. When the family house is burned to the ground he must rebuild and take the pressure of his parents, who have gone to live with his aunt and uncle. All the while he must continue to attend classes and train for the rodeo. Meeting a girl was not in the plans.

Paislee Cooper met Jude and was instantly attracted to him and they have many mutual friends. But their first date doesn't go quite as planned when Jude falls asleep in Paisley's car. She is best friends with Josh which creates some tension between Josh and Jude.

When Jude's life takes another tragic turn will Paislee be able to help him pick up the pieces and show him that life is worth living?

This was a beautiful book about making something out of nothing. My heart hurt so much for Jude and everything he had been through with losing his home and more about his parents. There was so much on his shoulders and he was exhausted and just holding it together. Yet he never complained through the book and just worked harder at trying to pick up the pieces. Yet when tragedy struck again I had tears in my eyes.

Paislee was great and was so caring about everyone. I think she was shocked to see how Jude was living because of his house burning down yet she never made him feel bad about it and offered up her shower for him. I was kind of worried what was going to happen when Jude met her parents but I loved how everything turned out with that.

I thought the chemistry between Paislee and Jude was awesome and I liked how there was no judgement between them and instead so much support.

The end was great (after the super sad part) and I can't wait to read more in this series!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment