Monday, January 29, 2018

My review of The Rebound by Winter Renshaw

Yardley Devereaux thought she had found her happy ever after with Nevada Kane 10 years ago but circumstances changed and she broke her promise to him and now he will never forgive her.

Nevada Kane had no desire to return to his home town after becoming a professional basketball player but when his wife dies he knows he needs to take care of his daughters with the help of his mom. But then he knows that there is a chance he could run into her.

Yardley would do anything for a second chance with Nevada but will he ever let her explain what happened in the past? When Yardley tries to help Nevada out with his girls will he let her back in?

This was a great book on second chances, heartbreaks and the truth behind it all.

Right from the beginning I liked Yardley and I was so curious on how she broke her promise to Nevada yet it was clear how in love she was with him so I didn't think she could have possibly cheated on him. Yardley tried explaining everything to Nevada but he would never hear her out which frustrated me so much!! My heart broke when I learned the truth and I completely understood why she did it.

It was obvious Nevada was hurting but I was so mad at him for being so stubborn and never giving Yardley a chance. He still loved her but did not want to get hurt again or lose someone again, like he had with his wife.

All of the hurt could have been so easily avoided but at the same time Nevada would not have his girls and that makes you think twice. I loved the healing in the book and how all of them eventually came together to realize what was most important.

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment