Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My review of Vein River by Kellie Honaker

Annie Forrester's parents are divorcing and she and her mom are moving to Vein River where they inherited a house from Aunt Ruby.

But all is not as it seems in Vein River as Annie learns that a bridge is being haunted by a girl named Angeline who has the power to suck the life out of people and leave them withered, dead or stark crazy.

Can Annie get to the the bottom of the mystery surrounding Vein River and figure out why Angeline is haunting the bridge?

I really enjoyed this book and the book had me involved from the start to the end.

I liked Annie and knew that there had to be a special reason why Angelina 'reached' out to her and allowed her to figure out what happened. Annie had several close calls and knew that she needed some extra help in figuring things out and I liked that she turned to Widow Jenkins for help.

Copper was interesting for sure as I was shocked at the twist involving him and why he would do that. I get why he did it but I was still shocked that he did. He and Annie were great together so I was surprised that he was willing to risk it.

There were a few characters that met some justified ends which kind of made me laugh and I loved Charles Oates!! I thought what he did on the bridge was totally awesome and I laughed for sure!

I loved how everything turned out and I was super happy for Annie with getting through it all.

This was the first time I have read this author and it won't be my last!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment