Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My review of Every October by Aubree Lane

Zoey Harris is dead but stuck in the in-between as she needs to put the past to rest before she can move onto a higher place.

Every October she is able to visit with her daughter, Amy, and this year Amy can not only hear Zoey but can talk with her as well. When Zoey's husband, Caleb, can also sense Zoey will she let the two of them move onto a future without her?

This was a sweet story about love and letting go. I can't imagine what Zoey was going through stuck as ghost and knowing life was going on around her and seeing her daughter grow up without her. The idea of that just kills me and I can completely understand why she was so possessive over both Amy and Caleb.

But Zoey also understood to a certain degree that she needed to let them both move on without her and it was beautiful to watch everything unfold. I felt bad for both Caleb and Amy as well with missing Zoey but knowing that they had to move on and live their own lives.

Caleb's brother was definitely funny and I liked how well he did for himself when Zoey died and how he had to grow up and help Caleb out.

The ending was funny with the trick-or-treating and I kind of hope that Caleb makes a move on the doctor!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment