Sunday, October 29, 2017

My review of Sacred by S.L. Scott

John "Cruise" Cristley is 24 and best friends with Alexander Kingwood. After being kidnapped Cruise seeks to find his birth mother and find out why she gave him up. Now that Alex has settled down with Sara, Cruise looks forward to a much simpler life than what he has been living.

Clara Eckerol is 20 and a student teacher who has overcome her own demons in her past, namely her father and the abuse he handed out to their family. 

When Clara and Cruise meet sparks fly but both have demons in their pasts that they need to overcome before coming together. But both feel like they do not deserve the other but they will need to come together to overcome what is coming for them. But what will happen when their pasts are revealed and they discover the truth?

This was another amazing book by this author. This series is great and I am loving getting to know the other characters from Savior.

I loved Cruise from the other books and knew how dedicated he was to Alex and Sara. In this book we get to know Cruise better and learn about his past and own demons. I did really like Cruise's adopted mother and how she truly tried to help him find his birth mom and was very supportive of him. 

Clara was super interesting and I really liked her and hated how badly she was treated by her father and what that did to her family. There was still so much drama within her family due to her brother, Vaughn, and what mistakes her dad made that her family had to pay for.

I really liked the chemistry between Clara and Cruise and how much they each had to overcome to be together. I loved the twist that came in the book as I really wasn't expecting the link. I was definitely surprised at what else was revealed as well! 

The ending was great and I look forward to more from this author!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment