Saturday, August 27, 2016

My review of The Missing Mah Jongg Player by Iris Wynne

Steve Wade is a former cop who has now opened a Private Investigator business. When he is approached by 5 women who are worried about one of their players, Marilou Dickson who has gone missing after meeting a date online.

As Steve takes the case he is assisted by the women who want their friend found. In order to go on with the case Steve needs to clear the air on his own past and fix broken relationships, as do the women around him.

With a list of suspects will Steve be able to find the right guy in time before they strike again?

For me this story was okay as I felt there was so many characters and so much happening that it almost took away from the story as I was having trouble getting into the book and staying attentive.

I liked Steve and how he really tried to find out the truth, especially when he found inconsistencies. The ladies you got to know the most were Harriet Reitapple and Sarah Bennett and they played an important role in Steve's life and business. Candy Kane was an interesting character and I'm not sure what will happen with them in the future.

I wasn't expecting the end but when it happened I wasn't surprised.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment