Friday, August 5, 2016

My review of Boomerang by E.M. Denning

Eli Cooper and Violet Holt have not been on the nest of terms since Violet's dad married Eli's mom a year ago. They seem to hate each other which is evident when Eli's dog Boomer is destroying Violet's underwear.

When Boomer is taken to the vet in an emergency situation Violet and Eli share a passionate kiss and the two realize how attracted they are to other although both are aware of how wrong it is. Yet one thing leads to another and mistakes are made.

As Violet struggles with her inner conscious in regards to Eli she is also struggling with going to school to make her father proud of her. She hates school but is afraid to disappoint him. In a world where she is trying to be perfect to everyone but herself will she finally chose her own path or will she let others cost her love and happiness?

I really enjoyed this book! I wasn't sure what to expect with the whole step-brother/sister relationship but I was pleasantly surprised!

Violet is so worried about what others expect of her that she continues to do what is considered the "right" thing instead of following her dreams and own passions. I felt so bad that her dad belittled her artistic ability as it wasn't practical. Yet she kept following his dreams until it cost her.

I really liked Eli and couldn't believe he had to put up with the constant put downs from Violet's dad. I was surprised that his mom didn't do more but I love his mom's strength at the end and how she truly held the power.

This is the first book that I have read from this author and i certainly hope she continues to write more!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment