Saturday, August 6, 2016

My review of Friendly Fire: a Seth and Ava Mystery by Claudia Hall Christian

This is the first Seth and Ava mystery that I have read and therefore I was quite lost with all the different characters. Had I have read more books in the series my review could be different.

Seth O'Malley used to be a Detective in the Denver Police Dept but was also a child prodigy on the piano.

When he goes with Delphie, an Oracle, on a tour of the Anschutz Medical Campus to find a gift from his dad he instead witnesses the death of his tour guide Tanya. When he discovers the link between that and another case it is his life that could be on the line.

Can Seth, his wife Ava, and a multitude of other family members find out why they are in danger before it is too late?

I thought the story was ok but it was also due to the fact that I had no idea the base story behind the characters and there were so many of them. The author tried to explain who each were but I found I was so confused at parts that it didn't seem to sink in.

Seth seemed like a good guy and his marriage to Ava seems relatively new and I'm guessing she is much younger than her as certain people made reference to that.

I'm still not 100% sure why everyone killed was a risk other than their link to another country.

If you are planning to read the story start at the first book and go from there as it will make much more sense with all the different characters.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment