Friday, August 26, 2016

My review of Fate Forgotten by J.L. Sheppard

Jacob is a Guardian and a demon who has had life turned upside down when his sister and her husband are killed and he is named as the person in charge of raising their daughter, Annie. He has no idea how to be parent yet he is helped by his friends and knows how much he loves Annie.

Val is a witch and is dating a warlock named Glen when her coven is attacked by the Malum Immortalis and she is taken in by the group that Jacob belongs to. As soon as Jacob meets Val he realizes that she is destined to be his mate but she believes otherwise.

Will Val and Jacob realize that they are meant to be or will other factors, such as Annie and Glen come between the two of them?

I really enjoyed this book and found it super interesting with the different paranormal characters.  This was the first book that I read in the series and I definitely want to read book one although I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

I really liked Jacob right from the beginning as he was faced with something he didn't know how to deal with - his mate and therefore he had no clue on how to act which I found interesting. He wasn't all alpha male which was great yet at certain times he was which showed how conflicted he was and confused.

Val was attracted to Jacob yet she really held herself back from him. I really enjoyed how things came together for her and was glad that she was there for Annie.

Great book and looking forward to what is next from the author.

4 Stars

1 comment: