Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My review of Anti Stepbrother by Tijan

Summer Stoltz has always had a crush on Kevin Matthews while in high school but then he becomes her step-brother and she's not sure how she feels. Then one night everything changes and then he is gone. As Summer follows him to the college he is attending she soon realizes how much life has changed and she's soon not sure where she fits in as Kevin has quite the reputation on campus.

Then Summer meets Caden Banks who seems to be opposite of Kevin and definitely pushes all of her buttons. As she spends more time with Caden she is torn between her feelings for both Kevin and Caden and where her loyalties lie.

Will Summer figure it out before she loses both?

I really enjoyed this book as I honestly never knew what was going to happen with Summer and the guys. It kept me in lots of suspense and there were many twists and turns along the way.

I really liked Summer's character as she was torn between how she thought she felt and how she really did. She had a crush on Kevin for so many years and it was hard for her to move on from her feelings.

I enjoyed Caden although at times I had no idea what he was doing or why he was making the decisions that he did. I liked how he wasn't impacted by peer pressure and did what he thought was the right thing to do, except when dealing with some of the fraternity stuff which drive me crazy.

I was never really sure where Kevin was at and which side of him you were getting. I loved how you realized how much he was really going through but that he kept inside away from others. I felt bad for him as he was hurting so much and no one knew.

There were also so many outside factors that impacted all of the relationships in the book and it was interesting to see how everything went and how all the friendships were impacted by the decisions made by some.

No comments:

Post a Comment