Wednesday, April 1, 2020

My review of The Best Man by Winter Renshaw

Cainan James's life is perfect. He loves his wife and children and is happier than he could have ever imagined. That is until he wakes up in a hospital room and is told everything he thought was his life was all in his mind and none of it existed.

Brie White met a man in the bar and although she felt a spark with him she never saw him again. After witnessing a car accident Brie meets Grant Forsythe and the two soon find themselves in a relationship and engaged after 6 months but Brie isn't sure that he is the man for her.

Yet nothing surprises Cainan more when 6 months later he sees the girl of his dreams once again only she is engaged to his best friend and not available.

This was such an awesome story and I loved it from beginning to end!

My heart broke for Cainan with everything he experienced after waking up from his coma and how he truly believed he had a wife and kids and could remember so many specific details. When Cainan realizes who he has been dreaming about his heart completely shatters and I feel awful for him! Cainan truly was a great guy and it was apparent he had changed because of the accident and I truly respected him for it as he knew how fragile life could be.

I really liked Brie was a great character and I loved her first meeting of Cainan in the bar. She was such a great person which was apparent after the accident and how much she helped at the scene. I did feel bad for her with her relationship with Grant as it was apparent he was fast tracking everything and had completely won over her family.

I loved when Brie and Cainan met up once again without knowing who each other were and how honest they were. The two had an ease with each other that made it comfortable to share things. Yet things then went sideways when they discovered who the other one was.

I gave Brie so much credit for following her own path and not giving into anyone else. I loved that she took a chance going to New York and it provided her the clarity that she needed to figure out her own life.

I liked the friendship that began to form between Brie and Cainan although there was still "secrets" that hung over Cainan's head that I was definitely worried about. Everything did explode and my heart really broke for Cainan above everyone else.

I loved when Brie also put together the pieces surrounding Grant!

The end was awesome and I was so glad that Brie really finally believed Cainan about everything and his "dreams".

The epilogue made me do such a happy dance and I want more of these characters!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment