Thursday, April 23, 2020

My review of Hate You by Tracy Lorraine

Tabitha Anderson's grandma died 2 months ago and she knows she needs to lead the life that she wants to and not follow in her parent's wishes. On her way home one night she sees a help wanted sign outside of a tattoo parlor, Rebel Ink, and she decides to see if they are hiring. She is hired but then as soon as she meets the owner he wants to fire her.

Zach Abbot sees Tabitha and knows that she is everything he hates about the life he has left behind. Yet the girl will do anything to keep her job, including change up her look to fit the role better. He will do anything he can to torment her and make her life as difficult as he can yet at the same time he is struggling to see her with anyone else.

As Zach and Tabitha keep playing mental games with the other things begin to heat up but who is really in control? When things are taken a step further Tabitha realizes how much she stands to lose when she realizes she has been keeping secrets from two important people in her life.

Can Tabitha hold it all together when it comes down to it or will she lose everything and everyone?

This was such a great book that had me sucked in right from the beginning and I was just waiting for things to blow up for Tabitha.

I loved Tabitha's strength and how she was inspired by her grandma to follow her own dreams and do something for herself. Tabitha loved art and I thought that the tattoo shop was a great place for her to work. Tabitha really never meant to find herself in the situation that she eventually found herself in and I did really feel bad for her.

Zach was such a jerk and I hated how much he judged Tabitha at the beginning even with how much organization she did for his business. Yet there was something about Tabitha that Zach couldn't stay away from no matter how much he wanted. I hated that he played such a game with her and I wished she could stay away.

There was intense chemistry between Zach and Tabitha and every time they got together you knew that it was going to be harder and harder for them to stay away.

You knew that there was a huge blow up coming with the secret that Tabitha was holding and I definitely was not disappointed by how epic it really was. I felt horrible for Danni for being so shocked at everything as well. I crossed my fingers that Zach and Tabitha would be able to get through it but I was heartbroken for Zach's actions right after you thought that amends were made.

I was proud of Tabitha after really talking to Danni and then being the better person to try and talk some sense into Zach and learn what he had discovered. I was proud that she went with him to talk to his parents and learn even more.

I was proud of Zach's parents for how embracing they were of the news they discovered.

The end was awesome and I loved the spoiler we got with Danni and Titch!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment