Thursday, April 23, 2020

My review of Spark by Gillian Archer

Sabrina Wagner works as an accountant for her cousins company, Badass Builders. Two years ago she was in a relationship with Logan Carter until he had to leave to go fight a fire and she never heard from him again.

Now 2 years later she finds herself face to face with him again in the shop but he claims he doesn't know who she is and the once nice guy has turned into a rude and bitter guy.

Can Sabrina convince Logan of what they shared in the past or will the injuries he suffered in the fire change everything about him?

This was such a great book with so many emotional moments!

Sabrina was a great character and I liked getting to know her more in this book. I loved her loyalty to her family and how much her mom and her cousins meant to her. Yet this book also presents certain challenges for Sabrina with her family and I was shocked at everything that was revealed to her and I was also proud of her for how she handled everything.

Logan was such a jerk at the beginning and I hated how he treated Sabrina. That being said when you discover how much guilt he is carrying with him, you can understand why he believes he doesn't deserve any happiness and how he hates how his body now looks. The guilt over Jay and then having to deal with Vanessa was tearing him up. Yet Logan never helped himself heal either and I was worried about how he was going to deal with everything.

There was still so much unfinished between Logan and Sabrina over things that happened on which they didn't get closure for and some of it was much heavier than other parts. I was so happy when things started happening between them again but Logan needed to trust more in Sabrina and you could tell he still wasn't there.

At a certain point everyhitng blows up in a huge way! I was so mad at the cousins for doing what they did and how Nathan completely flew off the handle and I felt horrible for Logan. Then I was so proud of what Sabrina did and then I was so mad at Logan for how he reacted to everything and my poor heart shattered for Sabrina.

It was interesting that the author brought back George Burns in this book who is the father of Sabrina's cousins. I knew he wasn't going to go away easy and I kind of guessed what was going to be involved and I was right but I still really enjoyed how it all played out as it made sense.

The very end mended my heart and made me do a happy dance once again!!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment