Tuesday, April 28, 2020

My review of The Hating Season by K.A. Linde

Anna English is a publicist and married to actor Josh Hutch. When she discovers that he is sleeping with his co-star, Celeste, while filming their new movie she immediately asks for a divorce and heads to New York to work with her new client's son, Court Kensington.

Leslie Kensington wants to be re-elected as the Mayor of New York but the recent trouble her son, Court, has found himself in is likely to hamper her attempts unless English can keep him under control. Court has no desire to be babysat yet he also knows how much this election means to his mom.

Can English convince Court to behave until the election is over and will she see that there is way more to him than how he has been portrayed by the press. With English going through her own drama will she be able to handle everything?

This was a great book with some awesome twists to make you not want to let go until the end.

My heart broke for English and what she went through when she went to see Josh. Everything was such a shock for her and I wasn't surprised that he kept trying to fight for her and get her back. I liked that she was determined to move on with her life and try and control things from her side. I understood why English was so leary about Court and wanted to keep him at a huge distance from everything she was going through.

Court begins the book as such a jerk and you aren't sure what he's involved in when it came to his ex-girlfriend, Jane, and the charges against her. Court also kept a lot of himself away from the public as there were things he wanted for himself and I admired him for that. I liked discovering that he wasn't the jerk we thought he was at the beginning although there were times his charm was turned on extra which put English in a difficult spot.

There was so much chemistry between English and Court but each had just come out of relationships where trust was broken and each of them had aspects of it played out in the media.

There were a few interactions that left my jaw completely on the floor and one was towards the middle of the book after things heated up and the fight between Court and English and what Court said and did after English said some things to him. Then the stuff that happened at the wedding was also intense.

There was also an aspect of the book that dealt with English's family and in particular her relationships with her sister and her dad. There were parts that were really sad on how English felt and how she really wanted a better relationship with her sister Taylor yet she was concerned about her new friend. That part completely broke my heart and I hated how English blamed parts of it on herself.

It made me sad at a certain part towards the end when Court hid something and how it all backfired and I felt bad for both him and English as I knew that there was more to the story.

I was shocked at what came out of a conversation between Josh and English and I was so mad on her behalf!!

The end was awesome and I am looking forward to more from this author!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment