Friday, November 9, 2018

My review of How About No by Lani Lynn Vale

Wade Johnson once had it all but a mistake cost him the woman he loves. Now she has moved onto someone else and he must deal with the consequences.

Landry Hill was born as she was needed to help her sister Lina survive. She has been poked and had to do many surgeries and all she wanted to do was live her own life for herself. When Wade makes a choice for her she knows she must end her marriage.

But when Wade is injured at work Landry is there for him and soon he discovers about her past. When Landry's life seems to be at risk can Wade keep her safe and prove to her that he has changed?

This was a great book and I really enjoyed a few of the controversial notions the author was getting at.

I thought Wade was a good guy but he made a huge mistake but I found it really interesting that he didn't know much about Landry's past which was why he made the mistake that he did. He thought he was doing the right thing and couldn't understand why Landry was so opposed to it. That being said he should have supported his wife with her decision.

Landry was an awesome character and had been through so much growing up and it broke my heart what she was subjected to. She still cared so much about Wade which was why she was with him when he was in the hospital and then afterwards. I loved what Landry was doing with the dogs and she was really a caring person even after everything she had gone through.

I loved the twist with what was revealed to Landry and Wade from Uncle Jimmy!

It was super interesting with what was happening with the rescue dog Capo and where everything went with it!! Crazy people!!!

I liked how Wade was able to get to the bottom of all the family stuff at the end and I was shocked at everything that came out of it!

The end was awesome and I look forward to more in this series! 

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment