Friday, November 30, 2018

My review of Stealing It by Rachel Robinson

Magnolia Sager has moved to Bronze Bay with her daughter, Kendall, for a new beginning after her husband, Paul, had an affair. Her best friend Jenny encourages her to join a dating site for shaking off the cobwebs and moving on.

Aidan Mixx is a Navy Seal and a player in every sense of the word. He has no desire for more than one night with a woman and wants to be clear with the woman upfront that there is no chance for more.

Yet there is something about Magnolia that makes Aidan want to be a better man and he will do what it takes to convince her otherwise. Yet his reputation is widely known and will it cost him the woman he loves?

This was a great book with some wonderful twists and turns!!

I thought Magnolia was such a wonderful character and as a single mom there was so much I understood. No matter what my kids come first and even if something happens and the fault is theirs I would still choose them over any man! I loved that she did go out with Aidan and was able to get through some of his walls and defenses.

I must admit that I really did not like Aidan at the beginning. I found him so cocky and overbearing and I wanted Magnolia to run away as fast as she could but gradually you began to see a different side of him. I loved when he began to change and you realized his feelings for Magnolia were genuine.

I was so mad at everything that stemmed from what Leo said and how everything completely spiraled from there. My heart did break a little for Aidan as I knew he was innocent with it all but Magnolia felt so torn and confused.

Towards the end of the book my heart just took an absolute beating by the author. OMG!!!!! I can't ruin anything but oh my goodness and I would have done exactly the same thing that Magnolia did with her decision for Aidan to go find Kendall.

The very end was much better and I loved that Paul got put in his place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment