Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My review of In The Land of Gods and Monsters by Carmen Jenner

One moment she is engaged to Parker and is a ballerina who finally achieved her goal of dancing in Swan Lake and in the next moment she can't remember who she is or anything about her past. Now she is a prisoner and is called "pet" by the men who have her captive.

Will she escape from where she is being held and as she slowly learns more about her captors will her fate be decided for her?

This book was so good and so dark and I loved it!

One thing I loved was that you never associated "Pet" with a name so in a weird way you automatically referred to her as pet which bothered me so much but I couldn't not as I never knew her name. I think that made you view her as more of a victim and you really wanted her to get back to where she came from. You really want to know if Parker or her best friend Dimitri were looking for her but you know nothing about what else is going on.

You do learn that Pet is being held by two brothers, Ares and Hermes but they were quite different from each other. I was super curious about who they were working for and then when we went and met Texas things began to get super intense. Part of me was super worried about Israel as it was clear about how much he wanted Ares.

The end was so unexpected and my jaw dropped!!

I can't wait for the next book as I have a feeling things are not done yet with Ares and Pet!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment