Thursday, November 15, 2018

My review of All The King's Horses by Kim Congram

Colonel Emma Adira has fought for her country over in Afghanistan and now she has come home to Katura and receives the Medal of Bravery and the Medal of Valour. When King Amadeus dies unexpectdly it throws the whole coutnry in chaos with questions about whether his son Prince Felix is ready to take on the throne.

When the throne is taken by others who will Emma follow?

This was an interesting read and I enjoyed it.

I really liked Emma and I liked that she was tough and didn't take crap from anyone. She was subjected to some stupid stuff for being a girl by other guys she fought with. I was also interested in her relationship with Jack Hardy as I hope they become more of a permanent thing. I thought the two really cared about each other and they were hot together!!

I am always intrigued by the abdication of rulers and when governments are overthrown and it was interesting to hear from Felix after and it was disappointing for sure.

Things definitely got tense near the end and you never knew what was going to happen with everything rigged to go up.

The very end was awesome and it will be interesting to see where the series goes from here!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment