Thursday, July 26, 2018

My review of Rivers by S.L. Scott

Rivers Crow is a rockstar with a broken heart. He has never gotten over the heartache of losing his first love and knows he will never be able to move in unless he is able to get her to talk to him one more time and either get a second chance or he will have to walk away.

Stella Lilith Fellowes broke Rivers heart years ago when she never trusted his words, but her heart also broke that day. Now she is able to make ends meet while teaching but has had to work hard after her family lost everything while Rivers was gone.

Now Rivers is back begging for another chance but will Stella let him explain and will Rivers even want Stella back after she reveals the secrets she has kept while he has been gone?

This was such a great book about second chances and about trying to pick up the pieces when so much has happened.

I loved Rivers through the other books and I was glad that he finally decided it was time to try and get Stella back. I loved that he was patient but really wanted a chance to explain and that he was holding onto a secret from the past that wasn't his to share. I found that awesome but I was so mad that it cost him Stella.

When you first meet Stella you view her one way and then as the book goes on and you learn what she has gone through your opinion changes and you find her so much stronger. My heart was so broken for what she was subjected to but I understood why she needed to protect her little sister Meadow.

I really wanted Rivers and Stella just to sit down and talk through it all and it took awhile and I was a little frustrated that Rivers still held back due to his promise to Naomi. Then when all that went down I was so mad at Naomi!!! I enjoyed the communication between Rivers and Stella when they finally started opening up to each other!

So Stella's boss Brian was creepy and I knew that he wanted her for himself and he started turning even more wacko once Rivers was in the picture. I was totally surprised with the first twist and then not so much with the second.

The other twist was like OMG!!!! In a way I was expecting something as the one student was so creepy with what he was saying. Ewwww.

The end was awesome and I can't wait for Ridge's book next!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment