Sunday, July 29, 2018

My review of Commitment (Redemption, # 1) by T.K. Leigh

Brooklyn Tanner is 32 years old and works at the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families and truly tries to make a difference. She has just become engaged to her boyfriend, Weston James Bradford, an architect, but he still doesn't maker her heart flutter the way one other guy has.

Andrew Brinks was a professional hockey player until an injury forced him to retire. He is a single dad to Alyssa and Charlotte and is still putting the pieces of his life together properly. He has never gotten over "losing" Brooklyn and knows deep down that he is the right gut for her.

Can Andrew let Brooklyn know how he truly feels before it's too late?

This is such a great book and I loved first meeting the characters in Promise and I was super curious to see where they would end up.

I still really liked Brooklyn but I truly hated that she was settling with love. I understood why as she was tired of having her heart broken but I still felt like she deserved more. I hated the way Weston's mom treated her and that he did not stick up for her more in dealing with his parents. I hated that he was not always upfront with Brooklyn about everything as it caused so many problems. I really didn't want them to rush into the wedding as they needed more time to get to know one another!

So like the previous book I had some misgivings about Andrew still. I loved that he was an amazing dad but he was still finding himself with women that he didn't want any future with which got him into trouble the last time. I could tell how much he cared about Brooklyn but I was so frustrated that he never talked about what happened with her dad.

There was so much sexual tension and chemistry between Brooklyn and Andrew and I hated that they never spoke about how they felt until it was too late.

I loved how Andrew finally opened up and told Brooklyn how he felt but the ending left me hanging!!

Can't wait for the next one!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment