Tuesday, July 31, 2018

My review of Cinder-Ugly by Laura Strickland

Cindra Bulgar has been cast out and hidden from her mother from the time she was born as she was not "perfect". She has lived her life in the shadows of her older brother Robin and two older sisters Nelissa and Bethessa. Her sisters and mother are cruel and call her Cinder-Ugly and they treat her as a member of their staff and not their family.

When Cindra drops a tray of food which splashes the Prince and the Queen she knows she is going to be punished severely. Her brother promises that once he is married she can come live with him and his bride to be Donella.

Will Cinder experience such hatred from the outside world? When she begins a friendship with Prince Rupert will she understand his intentions and will she have the courage to stand by his side?

This was a great story about inner beauty and overcoming all of the negativity to still have the courage to live on.

My heart broke for Cinder and how she was treated from the moment she was born as she was not perfect. I hated that her mom kept her locked away from everyone and I was also mad at her dad for not doing enough to protect her. I loved that Robin took her away when he was able to and the friendship that developed between Cinder and Donella was incredible.

Prince Rupert was a smart man and easily could see the beauty and knowledge within Cider. I loved that the two started off with such a good friendship that slowly grew into more as he knew the type of woman he wanted by his side. He was so supportive of Cinder but it broke my heart how fast war broke out and he had to leave.

Cinder's mom was just pure evil and I loved that once Cinder married Prince Rupert she had the courage to stand up to her. I was shocked at how many times she demanded more and I was definitely angry at what happened at the end with what her mom did to her.

I was definitely worried about the war and the siege on the castle. I knew that certain things would be used but I was not sure at all how things were going to come about but I was freaking a little. I was super sad about what happened with Donella and I wish that did not occur.

The end was great and I was happy everything worked out the way it did although I was definitely sad that a couple of characters were not there.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment