Friday, July 13, 2018

My review of Corrupt Desires by Jennifer Bene

Ophelia "Phee" Everett works at a cafe and is from the "fog". She strives to escape the fog but knows it is difficult.

Bryant Holbrook meets Phee at the cafe and asks her for a date and the two have an incredible night together.

But things are not as they appear and when Bryant's infatuation with Phee puts her in danger what will he do?

This was an interesting book and nothing like I thought it was going to be.

I really liked Phee and how she worked hard to get herself out of the fog and stayed out of trouble. She was attracted to Bryant but knew he was from a different background than her and was worried about their differences.

I really liked Bryant initially and how he was trying to convince Phee to go out with him and they definitely had so much chemistry! I was so mad at him after their date and then everything went completely topsy-turvey and I was taken for a huge twist that I didn't see coming.

I think I would have loved to have more background on the "fog" and Cabal of Freedom. This is my first book by this author so I don't know if there is more on these subjects in a previous book.

I really liked how Bryant knew what he needed to do to improve peoples living situations and I wasn't really surprised and the next big turn in the book but I was so sad at what Phee had to go through.

The chemistry between Phee and Bryant was through the roof and they definitely had an intense relationship. I was sad that their relationship took a brief turn for the worse when Phee came back due to the nature of their relationship.

A good book and I look forward to more from this author.

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment