Sunday, July 29, 2018

My review of Promise: A Redemption Series Prologue by T.K. Leigh

Brooklyn Tanner is almost 16 years old and she wonders when she will ever get her first kiss. She has a crush on her best friend's older brother but with a very protective father she doesn't think this kiss will ever come.

Drew Brinks has graduated and will be heading to the University of Minnesota in the fall to play hockey. He is very protective over his sister Molly and Brooklyn but he is starting to see Brooklyn a new way.

As Brooklyn is ready for that first kiss will she catch the eye of Damian Murphy, one of the school's star athletes, or will she ever get Drew to see her differently? Will her dreams come true or will her father squash them all?

This is such a great beginning to the series and I am really looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

I really liked Brooklyn as I could understand why she was after the infamous first kiss but she was definitely putting herself in some difficult situations while trying to get it. I knew Damian wanted more than just a kiss but then I wasn't too sure what Andrew was after.

I found Andrew a little more confusing as it was obvious he did care about Brooklyn but because she was 15 he was also told to stay far away from her. I was mad at him for the scene at the movies with Mindy Jacobson.

I was a little frustrated at Brooklyn's dad as he wanted to protect her so much that it created problems for her as she started getting herself into certain situations and then I was definitely mad at him at the end with Andrew.

I felt so bad for Brooklyn at the end and I can't wait to see what happens next!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment