Saturday, July 22, 2017

My review of Sinner by Jackie Wang

Terri Hanover was in love with Beckett Longstead while they were in high school. They dated for years until one night when he broke her heart through a text and then was gone. 

And he stayed gone until one night when he shows up at Terri's door beaten and bloody and not remembering what happened to him.

Yet gradually he begins to remember what happened to him and secrets that he kept from Terri. But soon the secrets find him and he is about to lose everything he has ever wanted.

OMFG this is another absolutely amazing book by this author with so many twists and turns that you really have no freaking clue what is going to happen next!!

So I must admit that I loved Beckett right from the beginning. I knew that he was a "bad boy" but at the same the love he had for his grandfather surpassed anything else. His life became taking care of his grandfather and he really did sacrifice himself so the two would not be separated. Loved that!!

So I wasn't sure what was going to be up with Terri but I loved that she took Beckett in and helped him right away. She knew something was up but had no idea. But I also knew she'd be a great character due to her having amazing friends (from other books by the author). She trusted Beckett and knew that there was a chance of her not getting a happy ever after.

I loved the whole flood scene as it was unique to the book and I felt like I was along with them. I loved how much stuff they had to do to get prepared but I think I would have loved it if it was a little longer as I really wanted them alone a bit longer.

Holy hell for the twist!! I was so not expecting that or the stuff that came after!! I can't write anything about it as I don't want to spoil anything but OMG!! I was never sure after that what was going to happen with everything.

I loved how hard Beckett worked to turn his life around and the ending was perfect although I was really unsure how it was going to happen but I had my fingers crossed.

This author has fast become one of my favorites and I can't wait to see what happens next!! 

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment