Friday, September 9, 2016

My review of The Truth Seekers by Mavvy Vasques

Geoffrey Hawes is a writer who has a cynical view of life, believing that no one will truly be happy or fall in love. He has issues with the ideas of Victorian Society and hates how people are not able to do what they want to do and must conform to what is expected of them.

Miranda Claridge is the Governor's daughter and a fan of Geoffrey's work, even though she believes he is a bit too pessimistic. The two begin an unlikely friendship and discuss his works at great detail. Miranda has her own dreams but knows that she must do what is expected of her and marry the right person.

As the two begin to have feelings for each other they must decide if their opposing views on marriage and society will keep them apart or see if they can find a way to overcome the odds and truly find love.

I enjoyed this book but it really wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed the banter between Miranda and Geoffrey and I think you should be a fan of historical fiction to really enjoy this book. I found myself believing in more of what Geoffrey thought with his views which to me was surprising.

I really enjoyed both of Miranda's chaperones - Mrs.MacDonald and Mrs.Beede with their attitudes towards Miranda and Geoffrey.

I found Miranda interesting as she truly had dreams but found that she was not allowed to pursue them which I found pretty sad. I think it shows how much our world has changed in certain cultures, yet this is still seen in many societies today.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment