Monday, September 12, 2016

My review of Haven by Katherine Bogle

Haven Fyre has no desire to be Queen but when her family is killed she has no choice but to rule Rythern. Unfortunately this is not an easy time to rule as her kingdom and all of the surrounding ones are threatened by Queen Kadia of Dagan.

As Haven tries to figure out her alliances and keep her kingdom safe she will due whatever it takes to protect her people. Unfortunately Haven may be the ultimate prize for Kadia when Kadia hears whisperings of Haven's immortality.

Will Haven figure out how to keep everyone safe and when it is clear that two men and vying for her hand will she allow herself to be happy or will the curse of immortality prevent her from allowing herself to love?

I enjoyed this book although it started off a bit slow with getting myself hooked. There was lots of action but I hadn't gotten invested into the characters at that point. As the book went on I found myself very intrigued and wanted to see where everything went.

I loved the idea of Haven's most trusted soldiers being women and I wish there was an explanation if that was her choice or if they were the soldiers put in place by her family. The bond between all the women was so strong and I loved the lengths they would go to protect one another.

Kadia was a mystery to me and I'm still not 100% on sure on Izenfir and if that is a place. She was definitely evil and had some dark magic/power surrounding her.

I couldn't believe the things that Haven had to endure with Kadia and I am glad that she kept motivating herself to survive.

This was the first book I have read by this author and I look forward to reading more.

4 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking part in the tour! I really appreciate the time you took to read HAVEN and write this awesome review! I'll let you know when the sequel is out. ;)

    ReplyDelete