Saturday, September 3, 2016

My review of Chasing Victory by Joanne Jaytanie

Victory Winters works at Claremont Research and is asked to meet an old friend named Dr.Jeffrey Maxwell when she watches him get murdered by an unknown man and Detective Ken Howard, who investigated the murder of one of Victory's co-workers. She realizes she may be in trouble, especially when she is taken against her will to a company called Biotec.

Tristan Farraday is a Marine and part of the Special Operations Command (SOCAM) that has been investigating Biotec. Tristan realizes he must get Victory to trust him as the two begin to work together to figure out what Biotec is working on.

Victory and Tristan have no idea what they have stumbled into and soon they realize that Biotec does not operate on the same level playground as other companies and the boss, Lawrence Braxton, will stop at nothing to obtain what he wants. When there are other lives at stake, including Collin and Morgan, Tristan and his crew must do what it takes to keep everyone safe and not jeopardize the safety of everyone involved.

Wow - this book had so many twists and turns I had no idea what was coming next!! This book definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put the book down.

I loved the paranormal part of the book as it is something that I can truly see happening with testing on humans without any knowledge. I loved the bonds that were created and it was really well done that we were all discovering everything at the same time.

I loved Victory and her sisters. They all appear to be strong women yet they also know that they are not invincible. Victory went through so much in this book and I'm glad that her and Tristan were able to bond over what they were going through and the trust they put in each other.

Tristan and his crew were awesome! I loved reading about what Noah and Logan were also going through on the island and their humor through it all. This group of men are great and so dedicated!

I felt so bad for Collin and Morgan and I really hope to learn more about the two of them as the series continues!

Can't wait for book 2!!  

4.5 Stars

1 comment: