Monday, June 1, 2020

My review of Jackson by Siobhan Davis

When Vanessa Breen turned 18 she was kicked out of her house buy her step-father, Aaron, and she promised to go as long as Aaron stayed away from her sister, Kayleigh. Vanessa endured so much at Aaron hands and didn't want Kayleigh to go through the same. Then she meets a guy who appears to be her savior but soon her heart learns otherwise.

Jackson Lauder is still trying to cope with the suicide of his sister, Dani, and he vows to take down the man responsible for her death. When he can't find him he decides to use his daughter to get to him knowing she may lead him to the prize.

Yet nothing is ever black or white and soon both Jackson and Dani discover how far some will go to take what they believe is theirs. 

OMG - this book was so incredible and I didn't want to put it down!

My heart was broken from the first moment I met Vanessa and realized everything that she had gone through at home. It was so heartbreaking and I understood why she wanted to do everything in her power to save her sister from the same events that she had gone through. Vanessa had made her own mistakes in her life and I understood why she had gone through a rough patch as a way of rebelling with what had happened at home.

I both loved and hated Jackson at the same time. I got why he wanted revenge after Dani's death but I hated what he was doing to Vanessa after everything she had gone through that he had no idea about. Yet I also knew that this was so much bigger than I could have imagined and this was the first book I have read in this series so I didn't have as much back story as I would have liked.

There was so much chemistry between Jackson and Vanessa but Jackson was caught in a difficult place as he wanted revenge so bad but he was also realizing how much he cared about Vanessa. There were so many times I wanted to strangle Jackson for how he treated Vanessa but I was glad that she was able to make a close friend in Abby.

My mouth absolutely dropped when Vanessa meets someone and the next events that occured. I was blown away and so thankful when others showed up. I was a little surprised at Vanessa's reaction when she learns the truth about everything but I got why she was so upset.

I was happy with the events that were done to protect Vanessa and I was so mad when certain people were still able to get to her. I was glad with what happened to the next person but there is still one guy out there that needs to be taken care of!

I loved that Jackson and Vanessa were able to visit Kevin Kennedy and Selena and their sanctuary and I hope we get more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment