Friday, June 26, 2020

My review of Becoming the Street Boss by Hailey Faiman

Pippa Mazzilli knows and understands the Zanetti Famiglia and vows to never marry a Made Man after watching the way her father treated her mom and where his debts ended both him and her sister, Bellarosa. Yet when her aunt kicks her out at 18 she knows she doesn't have many options and goes to see Arlo on whether he can help her.

Massimo Ferrucci is a Made Man, even after growing up as a bastard son to his father and his wife. Yet he has proven his loyalty to Gavino Santoro and has worked his way up in the family. When Massimo is offered a wife without knowing who it is he agrees knowing it is what the family wants for him.

Pippa and Massimo have met in the past but do they have what it takes to make it through a marriage that's filled with obstacles that neither one could have ever imagined?

This was such an amazing book filled with so many ups and downs that my heart never knew whether to break or heal.

I loved Pippa in that she was strong yet still vulnerable due to the position that she was put in by her family, specifically her dad and Aunt Irene. I loved that she wanted to protect her younger sister, Rosana and made a deal with Massimo to have her protected.

Massimo was interesting as he noticed Pippa two years prior but waited for her as she was too young for him but I loved how things turned out for him. He was a Made Man but obviously wanted Pippa to be happy with him and was going to do what he could to make her happy and satisfied.

I was totally shocked at everything that went down at the bakery and the huge implications it had for everyone. I understood why Massimo pulled away when he realized everything and the time frame. I got it but I was so impressed with Pippa and her resilience to everything that was happening. 

My heart totally broke for Pippa at a certain moment and I felt so bad for Massimo with only hearing what was happening. I was glad that she was ok but the mental part of the aftermath was difficult for her.

The end was completely jaw dropping and I was shocked at how everything fell into place with things that I was not expecting at all!! I was just blown away by it all!!!

The author had me gripped from beginning to end and I loved how she surprised me in ways that completely made sense but that I never would have guessed!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment