Friday, June 26, 2020

My review of Addiction by Brie Paisley

Beatrice "Trixie" Harrington is a stripper working for Viktor Matvei when he introduces her to his new partner, Sebastian, his younger brother. Trixie is extrememly attracted to him but knows she can't cross the line with her boss. Five years later Trixie is still stripping but is missing something from her life and her close friend Kendra introduces her to a new world. Nothing surprises Trixie than to see Sebastian there and knows she may finally have to cross the line with him. But Trixie and Sebastian are on different pages when it comes to "them" and Trixie realizes what she has to do in order to save herself but is she strong enough to do it? This was a wonderful book about love, weakness, and the ability to forgive yourself and realize sometimes life is truly out of your control. I liked Trixie and understood why she wanted to live her life on her own away from her parents control. I hated her mom more and more every time we met her so I was happy that Trixie was living her own independent life. Sebastian was a very interesting character as you could tell that he cared about Trixie and wanted her safe yet he was also distant with her. He only wanted her with him and always kept his eyes on her yet there was something missing. I was absolutely shocked at what happened at the gala and I was so mad at him and I was very proud of Trixie. I was extremely surprised at when Sebastian finally opened up to Trixie and I understood why that changed him so much. I was so happy when he finally confessed how he felt and that things finally began to look up. The next events were heartbreaking and it made me so sad at how much it affected Trixie and how she refused help. I was shocked at her next actions and it made me so sad for Sebastian. I was so impressed that Sebastian never gave up and was finally able to make Trixie understand that she wasn't to blame! The end was awesome and I loved the epilogue!!

4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment